Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Joshua and Isaiah

While I was still in college, I started doing autism therapy for a family in our church. At the time, the boys were 1 and 3. Now, they're 8 and 10!!! For the years that I was working with this family, I would be with the kids sometimes for as many as 70 hours a week; later, I would keep them for one or two weeks while their parents did autism conferences across the country. Needless to say, I was pretty sad when this family moved away from Charlottesville, but I do my best do go visit them whenever I can. Here are some photos from a recent visit!

IMG_6587

I love this next one, as it shows a bit of Joshua's melodramatic nature while also representing what I imagine the experience of being autistic must feel like - interested but inhibited.
IMG_6595

IMG_6596

IMG_6601

IMG_6609

IMG_6619

IMG_6655

Love catching a real smile from my "Zazers"
IMG_6704

Joshua kept telling me I needed goggles in the pool, though, seeing as how his are half full of water, I'm not sure why :)
IMG_6780

This is my favorite of Joshua and me together!
IMG_6811

No comments:

Post a Comment