Sunday, January 24, 2010

India Trip Part 1

As you may know, I went to India on a missions trip with Blue Ridge Community Church from January 8-17. We had a great team, eight people split evenly - four girls and four guys. While there, we ministered to a group of people called the Yenadi in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Our team had the pleasure of participating in baptisms, church dedications, a pastor's conference, and teachings in local churches. Below are a few photos from my time there!

On a side note, at the recommendation of a close friend, I didn't take my SLR camera. All of these photos were taken with my Canon Powershot S90, which I've been very please with!

The first set of photos are from the first church that I went to while in Andhra Pradesh. The sweetness of the people and their worship brought tears to my eyes, and participating in the baptism was a great joy!

IMG_0425

IMG_0423

IMG_0419

These next photos are from the orphanage where are team was staying. I took them all from the balcony on the third floor, looking out over the city.

IMG_0659

IMG_0565

Participating in the pastor's conference was awesome. Here are photos of the pastors lining up to go into the church, the church itself, some food preparation, part of the team leading worship, and other faces from the conference.

IMG_0571

IMG_0573

IMG_0671

IMG_0734

IMG_0644

IMG_0612

On one of our trips out to a church, we happened upon this beautiful lake and one of the most peaceful scenes I've ever experienced. The photos from the people in this church are some of my favorite, and I LOVED the cool plates we got to eat off (that's the photo of leaves sown together).

IMG_0438

IMG_0441

IMG_0445

IMG_0442

IMG_0457

IMG_0526

IMG_0510

IMG_0545

More photos will be coming soon in a second post!

No comments:

Post a Comment