Sunday, January 24, 2010

India Trip Part 2

Here are India photos from the rest of the week. I have to say, looking at these photos is getting me really excited at the possibility of returning at some point in the future!

The first two pictures are from a tiny church that we dedicated in a more rural community. You can't see much of the church building behind it's congregation, but that is meant to be a reminder that the people, not the building, make up the body of Christ. I took the photo of the Bible and drum from inside the church because it seems like all you need to plant a church in India are these two resources! All of the evangelists I met could play a drum, and they all loved the Word of God!

IMG_0705

IMG_0710

These next photos are from our gathering in a larger, more established church community. We spent all day in this village and enjoyed teaching, having fellowship with the church there, worshiping, and helping with baptisms.

IMG_0789

IMG_0824

IMG_0785

IMG_0779

IMG_0777

IMG_0835

IMG_0809

IMG_0783

On our last day in India, we got to visit an orphanage that is very special to last year's missions team, as they had the privilege a year ago of praying over the foundation of the orphanage (of course, I didn't know this until we left, so I don't have pictures of the actual space, as I spent more time capturing the beautiful faces). We got to lead services in the finished space, and it was beautiful. The landscape photo is right outside of the orphanage.

IMG_0899

IMG_0896

IMG_0919

This is a photo of me with the daughter of the couple that runs the orphanage where we stayed. I had a great time playing with this lovely lady!

IMG_0877

Here's a group shot of our team, both those who came from Charlottesville, those from Texas, and those from India!

IMG_0873

This last photo is of me and my dear friend in India! The time I shared with her was an absolute gift!

IMG_0946

Thanks for taking the time to check out all of the India photos. I'll be posting more on Facebook some time this week, so if you haven't done so already, make sure to become a fan of Celestial Sights Photography on Facebook so you get those updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment